• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post a picture of the city you live in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melchiah

Finland, Helsinki, Kallio.

2lxtbfk.jpg

My home is near to the church.

Nander

I currently live in Stockholm, Sweden:
kungsgatan003.jpg

But my summer will be split between...
Nyköping, Sweden (my old home town):
800px-Stora_torget_i_Nyk%C3%B6ping.JPG

And Porvoo, Finland:
porvoo1.jpg

Shiv47

Royal Oak, Michigan, a suburb of Detroit; downtown. Quality sliders and shakes at the Comet Burger on the left there, should you ever visit.

%20pic%20of%20downtown,%20taken%20from%20ci.royal-oak.mi.us-about-downtown.jpg

Valencia, Spain.
What I like about it its that its not as big as a megacity but is big enough too have all the facilities of a big city near you. Its big, but not enormous (like Madrid and Barcelona), the perfect size.
And it has one of the most awesome festivals in the world.

Turia's Old River bed, now a large park, its dividing Valencia in 2 and are the lungs of the city. Brings lots of natural air. You can go from one side of Valencia to the other only by walking through this park, if I remember correctly is something like 8 km. My new house its at the start of the old riverbed entering Valencia city (the end being the sea), in the north part, and it one of the new modern zones with a huge new park that its what starts now the old river bed.
This photo is old, when I was small, there was no City of Arts and Sciences yet (all the brown zones in the right of the picture), I lived there when I was small, near the unconstructed City of Arts and Sciences.
20070417klpcnatun_377.Ies.SCO.jpg

This one is new, you can see the City of Arts and Sciences at the end with the sea in the backgorund)
cauce-del-rio-turia-379.jpg

Plaza del Ayuntamiento (City Hall Square):
VistadelaPlazadelAyuntamientodeValenciaEspana.jpg

placa-d-ajuntament-valencia.jpg

Valencia Cathedral with the Miguelete Tower:
camino%20de%20san%20vicente%20martir%205%20-%20catedral%20de%20valencia.jpg

City of Arts and Sciences:
valencia.jpg

flickrcas2.jpg

And Valencia in Fallas (one of the greatest festivals in the world), from 15th to 19th of March:
las-fallas-valencia-3.jpg

2duz1xs.jpg

351zb48.jpg

Mascleta_01.jpg

20071008%20RECEPCION%20ALAMEDA%20Y%20CASTILLO%2002.jpg

Fireworks_Valencia_Fallas.jpg

crema2.jpg

13zswo7.jpg

One dream I always have is someone uses Valencia for a GTA type game, and uses a seasons system, so theres a part of the game that happens in Fallas and I can create havoc during the festivals. :lol Also going through the river park with the car could be godly (in real life only police cars can go into the river bed)

crispyben

Dascu said:
How on earth did you manage to get a place right in the heart of Paris?
Well, it's rather small (38 square meters), and therefore not too expensive (a little under 1,000€ a month) for the location, which itself is priceless for my wife and me. We can't really imagine living in another part of Paris now, we've been spoiled! Of course, we realize it's a lot of money, but we can afford it for now.

EDIT: fuck, the first one is right next to my place, and the second is my street!!!

Shito said:
Paris, France.

blog34.jpg

blog54.jpg

Magni

College: Belfort, France

Belfort-photo-5.jpg

Yeah, that's some Vauban right there :lol

Parents, High-school friends: Paris, France

le-trocadero-vu-du-ciel-visoterra-10124.jpg

My highschool is just to the left (this is the Trocadéro), and the Eiffel Tower is just across the Seine from here.

7d843c7c-6e0c-4de4-84c9-2e7f9fcc0a57.jpg

I would cross this bridge every day while going to class.

Family, middle-school friends, girlfriend: Montpellier, France

montpellier2.jpg

This city is so fucking great for going out in the summer :D

remigaillardmario1.jpg

Rémi Gaillard? Yeah that's Montpellier :D

My hometown: Seattle, WA, USA

Seattle-Skyline.jpg

Left five years ago, been wanting to go back ever since.

bart jr

Neo Member
andycapps said:
Columbus, OH (not a native, but lived here for almost 10 years.. and not a Buckeye fan but a great stadium)

Another person from Columbus! I have lived here for the last 2 years. I grew up in a military family and have lived all over the U.S, but my hometown(which is most certainly nothing to brag about) is Fairborn, OH:

570_IMG_0002.jpg

Picture1-748031.jpg

The only two note-worthy things we have here are Wright Patterson AFB, and Foy's Halloween Store.

Magni

jonremedy said:
Trondheim, Norway.
http://ulrike.schwedler.net/trondheim.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://www.torivarj.com/images/Trondheim.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

If all goes well, I'll be spending six months there starting January :D :D :D

Bleepey said:
Lol quiet you. London's awesome, and this is from a guy who lives in Hackney albeit in the nice part near Stoke newington.

This thread makes me want to live in N. America. Mainland Europe does not appeal to me i suppose it's cos i like cities that look ultra modern.

Yeah?

I live in Hackney as well. You live in the ONLY nice part of Hackney. Church street and all that doesn't look like it's part of Hackney at all in all honesty. If you go either left or right from Stoke Newington, you end up in Dalston which is a shit hole, or Stamford Hill which is also a shit hole (and go further into Tottenham if you dare)

London is a nice tourist attraction. That is all.

Shito

crispyben said:
EDIT: fuck, the first one is right next to my place, and the second is my street!!!
Oh, your map was not loading for me: talk about coincidence. ^^
You do live in a nice neighbourhood!

Trent Strong said:
You trolling fucks. All of you live in big cities? No way. Where are the Springfields, the Greenbow Alabamas, the Shelbyvilles? Also, most of these European cities are amazing. America is ugly.

Here you go - Columbus, Ohio

84507-004-8AB3C545.jpg

800px-Columbus-ohio-skyline-panorama.jpg

Home of the Blue Jackets
NationwideArenaatNight.jpg

The Zoo at Christmas
512ada0b-7c66-4508-9c5b-fe1a21dfb772.jpg

Bleepey

Dabookerman said:
Yeah?

I live in Hackney as well. You live in the ONLY nice part of Hackney. Church street and all that doesn't look like it's part of Hackney at all in all honesty. If you go either left or right from Stoke Newington, you end up in Dalston which is a shit hole, or Stamford Hill which is also a shit hole (and go further into Tottenham if you dare)

London is a nice tourist attraction. That is all.

Well actually i live in Stamford Hill :lol :lol Oh please, the Jewish Mafia are really scaring me:lol :lol. Dalston is becoming more and more gentrified, Stamford Hill is nothing scary at all and it's quiet and nice trendy, Clapton, i can sorta see. But it does not phase me. Same goes for Tottenham. Where in Hackney are you?

england-newcastle.jpg

Don't let this fine shot deceive you, it's a shithole that constantly tries to win culture awards by building weird-looking monuments:

International_centre_for_life.jpg

RTEmagicC_Sage_01.jpg.jpg

Gateshead-Millennium-Bridge.jpg

Jasup

PetriP-TNT said:
Yeah, it's Riihimaki, Finland. Mostly known as the shithole of this country.
I might try to one-up you. This is the one of the most famous landmarks of my hometown:
62342610_abc7fa1bb2.jpg

paska kaupunni.

Guevara

Bleepey said:
Dude, let's trade. London for NYC.

I really want to move to London - I'm probably visiting this summer and applying to Grad School next year. The grass is always greener.:lol

Bleepey said:
Well actually i live in Stamford Hill :lol :lol Oh please, the Jewish Mafia are really scaring me:lol :lol. Dalston is becoming more and more gentrified, Stamford Hill is nothing scary at all and it's quiet and nice trendy, Clapton, i can sorta see. But it does not phase me. Same goes for Tottenham. Where in Hackney are you?

What exactly are you defining trendy here?
I've lived in Clapton for too long (not for longer WOO).

Stamford Hill looks like a slum, the jews don't really have anything to do with it. It's just an uninteresting place. The only tourist attraction is Netto
I guess if that's your thing, then great!

Bleepey

Dabookerman said:
What exactly are you defining trendy here?
I've lived in Clapton for too long (not for longer WOO).

Stamford Hill looks like a slum, the jews don't really have anything to do with it. It's just an uninteresting place. The only tourist attraction is Netto
I guess if that's your thing, then great!

LOL i define trendy as a place where you'd imagine people in Camden (barring goths) would hang out. I can't see what you dislike about Stamford Hill other than it being a bit dull when it comes to nightlife, but when the west end is a30-45 minute bus ride away who cares? You live like 2 minutes from me? I bet you live at like Warwick estate or some shit so that's why you hate the borough. I live not to far from Clapton Common.

I really want to move to London - I'm probably visiting this summer and applying to Grad School next year. The grass is always greener.

I like London, i just really want to visit/live in NYC.

Foob

itsinmyveins said:
You sure it's not called Bright Falls?

funny you say that because i'm about 99% convinced that they must have based that town off of mine.

the fire district in alan wake is one number off of ours, if you go down the side trails in the game there are numerous sight seeing things that exist here (like that swinging tree that shows how old it is based off the rings - exact replica of the one here).

plus we have a god damn turkey fest

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Foob said:
funny you say that because i'm about 99% convinced that they must have based that town off of mine.

the fire district in alan wake is one number off of ours, if you go down the side trails in the game there are numerous sight seeing things that exist here (like that swinging tree that shows how old it is based off the rings - exact replica of the one here).

plus we have a god damn turkey fest

I'm fairly sure that they spent a lot of time outside Seattle in the more rural areas, looking at the scenery, taking photos and etc.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Well, I went through the whole thread and it didn't seem like any place was more dull-looking than my town:

800px-KokhavYair.JPG

800px-Kokhav_Ya%27ir.jpg

Kokhav-Yair, Israel. It is a bunch of houses. That's it.

Magni

KimiSan said:
Well, I went through the whole thread and it didn't seem like any place was more dull-looking than my town:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/16/KokhavYair.JPG/800px-KokhavYair.JPG[IMG]

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b7/Kokhav_Ya%27ir.jpg/800px-Kokhav_Ya%27ir.jpg[IMG]

Kokhav-Yair, Israel. It is a bunch of houses. That's it.[/QUOTE]

Did you change usernames, or do you just have a very similar avatar to UK Narayan or whatever the name is/was (to me it's just Green T-Rex dude) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom